Lake Simcoe Ice Report

View Lake Simcoe Ice Report in a larger map
*For more details, warnings and disclaimers,
click here

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Skiing at Dawn




Got up early to start my day with a ski. I decided to ski a bit earlier to take advantage of colder temperatures (didn't want to ski through slush today). The temperature was -6 degrees Celsius with great visibility. There was a small breeze coming from the south which help dissipate the oil and gas fumes from the snowmobiles that I encountered last week-end. I left from Lockhart Road which exits into Sandy Cove. It was much quieter entrance onto the Lake then departing from the 9th Line. The first thing I saw was the sunrise over Fox Island. Simply breathtaking.
Distance: 7km Total Time: 90 mins








No comments:

Post a Comment